FUHU the makers of Nabi recently donated 10 to Corner Pieces. Corner Piece just donated 6 of them to the Clarkston School district, 2 each going to 3 of their ASD programs.
Corner Pieces, the Sault Ste. Marie-based organization dedicated to raising autism awareness throughout Michigan, donated six Nabi’s to the Clarkston School District in Oakland county Michigan this past October.
The Nabi has been called, “the best children’s tablet” by Laptop Magazine and Forbes. It is one of the first tablets to keep children in mind, with a protective rubber bumper, mommy mode, and many free built in education apps. The tablet runs on Android, and when “Nabi” or kid’s mode is turned off functions like any other android tablet.
Two Nabi each were distributed to three different classrooms focusing on children with Autism. The Nabi’s will used in a variety of ways in the three ASD classrooms, and will help children of different ages.
“We are so happy to be able to offer the use of a Nabi to our ” said one Clarkston teacher.
“Just happy to help. My wife (Tiffany) went to Clarkston,… they have a great program here for children with Autism. I know the Nabi’s will help them out. ” adds Corner Piece’s founder Ben Duff, who’s son Brian has Autism.
To learn more about Corner Pieces and its work within Michigan’s autistic community, visit www.cornerpieces.org, or for additional information on the wonderful Nabi tablet visit www.nabitablet.com.
Recommended APPS for the Nabi
- Tap To Talk: AAC Communicator app
- Let’s Go! Free & Let’s Go! Plus: Behavior status & reward strategies app
- DrBrownsApps.com Developer:
- Autism/DTT Colors Free
- Autism/DTT Shapes Free
- Mobos Interactive Developer:
- Cam Cam’s Preschool ABC and Spell
- Cam Cam’s Number Preschool
- Cam Cam’s Developmental Preschool
- Cam Cam’s Preschool ABC and Spell Free
- Intellijoy Developer: located in App Zone & Amazon. Are great basic learning apps for teaching kids.
- Kids ABC Letters A-H Lite
- Kids ABC Letters
- Kids Learn to Read
- Kids Colors
- Kids ABC Phonics
- Kids Numbers and Math
- Kids Connect the Dots
- Kids Connect the Dots Lite
- Touch Autism Developer: great conversational social stories for kids with autism
- Calm Counter
- Potty Training Social Story
- Emotions and Feelings
- My Day with WH Words
- Turn Taker – Special Education & Autism
- Staying Safe and Safer Strangers
- Divorce Social Story
- Basic Words by Tidels
- JABtalk by JABstone LLC
- Behavior Status by Chris L. Bennett
- Quick Talk AAC by Digital Scribbler, Inc
- Life Skills Winner Pro by WiseMind Studios LLC